John Singleton’s life is ‘hanging in the balance’ despite reports that he’d died after suffering a stroke, his family have confoirmed.

The Oscar-nominated Boyz n The Hood director remains seriously ill in hospital after suffering a stroke last week, TMZ reports.

Sources say the director has not responded to treatment and reported his condition is dire.

The director of 2 Fast 2 Furious fell ill on Wednesday.

It was later reported that his illness was a lot more serious than originally thought.

His publicist now tells the website he is on life support at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in LA.

It was believed his family had issued a statement about his death which led to a rush of tributes, but it was later clarified that he is on life support.

John is in a medically-induced coma and is none-responsive. The site says his condition is not improving.

TMZ reported he had been in a coma, with his mum, Sheila Ward in the process of applying for a conservatorship order so she could take care of his affairs while he was ill.

John is believed to have checked himself into the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in L.A. after suffering weakness in his leg.

A family member told the site he had recently flown back from Costa Rica, and the journey may have triggered his health issues.

He suffered a stroke while he was in the hospital and was admitted to the intensive care unit.

His family said at the time that he was “under great medical care”.

They said: “On Wednesday, April 17th our beloved son/father, John Singleton, suffered a stroke while at the hospital. John is currently in the ICU and under great medical care

“We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”

…read more

Source:: Daily Times

      

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
John Singleton still alive despite reports Boyz n The Hood director died at 51

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *