Amazon Prime, the fast and free shipping service Amazon launched in early 2005, has changed the way Americans shop for just about everything.
It has also changed the way many of us watch TV and movies, listen to music, read books, and even store our personal photos and videos. In some places, you can even order food for delivery via Prime.
If you want all the benefits of an Amazon Prime membership, here’s how to sign up.
How to sign up for Amazon Prime
It just takes a few clicks to sign up for an Amazon Prime membership.
Leon Neal/Getty Images
Before you can sign up for an Amazon Prime membership, you need a basic Amazon account.
To sign up for an Amazon account and then an Amazon Prime membership, follow these steps:
1. Go to Amazon.
2. Hover over (or tap on mobile) where it says Hello, Sign in and Accounts & Lists in the top right corner of the screen.
3. On the drop-down menu, click Start Here under the “New Customer?” question.
4. Enter your name, your phone number or email, and a password in the fields provided, then click the yellow box to verify either your number or your email, and proceed to verify it with the one-time password Amazon sends.
5. You will be automatically signed in, or you can sign in using the same Hello, Sign in link if you wish to proceed with Prime membership later.
To sign up for a Prime membership, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your basic Amazon account.
2. Click on your account icon on the top right (it should say “Hello, [Your Name]”).
3. Click Prime Membership from the drop-down menu.
4. On the next page, select Start your free trial, and make sure to opt for the six-month option if you’re verifiably a student.
5. Select the type of Prime membership you want, whether the $8.99 per month video-only option, the monthly payment plan for everything, or the annual fee for everything.
6. Enter your credit or debit card info when prompted, or select the card already on file (from your basic membership) that you want to be charged for membership.
7. Confirm your billing and shipping addresses.
8. Enjoy Amazon Prime — you can now browse, order, and receive items with your Prime membership.
How much does Amazon Prime cost?
The best route …read more
Source:: Business Insider